WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
The Arizona Memorial was
closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. This is an ongoing
repair job that currently does not have a scheduled completion date.
During this time, depending on availability and time it may be possible
for the tour to take the navy launch around the harbor without landing
at the Arizona Memorial. When repairs are completed and the Arizona
Memorial is reopened, it will be added back into the tour.
On this exciting Pearl Harbor tour you’ll be spending a full day exploring historical sites, war memorials, World War II monuments and museums. This tour is guided and narrated by a WWII expert who will help you learn about and experience the catastrophic attacks and events, which plunged the United States into the War.
Your adventure begins with an emotional visit to the Arizona Memorial where you will stand above the sunken battleship, which is the eternal resting place of 1,177 brave sailors. Gaze into the harbor water and see oil still oozing from the ill-fated vessel.
Next on the itinerary is a guided tour of the mighty USS Missouri Battleship. Walk in the footsteps of General Douglas Macarthur and stand in the very spot where he opened the surrender ceremony and witnessed the Japanese sign the document ending World War II. You get to see this impressive ship both inside and out and even touch the massive 16-inch cannons on her bow.
The tour continues with a guided exploration of the USS Bowfin Submarine where you will walk through an actual Naval Sub and experience what life was like for so many brave sailors.
Concluding this day of remembrance, history and wonder is a visit to the Pacific Aviation Museum. History will come alive as expert docent guides describe tales of air campaigns and great aviators. There’s so much to see and touch in the museum, viewing an authentic Japanese Zero Fighter Plane just like the ones used during the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Historical narration by an expert state certified tour guide
- View the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center dramatic attack film
- See actual artifacts
- Board the Navy launch for a ride across Pearl Harbor to the Arizona Memorial (Shuttle operations are subject to the schedule of
the navy launch and may be subject to weather conditions or maintenance
and repair schedules of the navy without notice.)
- See the “Black Tears” of oil that still oozes to the surface today from the USS Arizona (not available if shuttle is not running)
- Take a tour of the U.S. Pacific Submarine Memorial and USS Bowfin “Pearl Harbor Avenger” (Admission & Tour Included)
- Explore the Pacific Aviation Museum; (Admission Included: this portion is self guided)
- Tour the USS Missouri affectionately known as the Mighty MO (Admission & Tour Included)
- Walk in the exact footsteps of General Douglas MacArthur and stand on the Surrender Deck
- Look into the Massive 16" Guns that hurl 2,900-pound projections over 20 miles with pin point accuracy
- Hear the famous Story where the USS Missouri sustained a serious attack off the coast of Okinawa in 1945
Gold Option Includes
Lunch at the Pacific Aviation Museum Restaurant - Laniakea Café
- Audio tours for the Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri and USS Bowfin
Click Thumbnail To Expand Photo
USS Arizona Memorial Pearl Harbor
USS Missouri Battleship Tour
Pacific Aviation Museum Tour
National Cemetery of the Pacific
- Where and When:
- Pickups begin in Waikiki at approximately 7:30 am Return to Waikiki at approximately 5:00 pm
- PUT FIRST AND LAST NAMES WHEN ORDERING PLEASE. THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS ACTIVITY. PUT NAMES AS THEY SHOW UP ON YOUR ID PLEASE.
- The U.S. Department of the Interior has declared a "no bags" policy at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and Arizona Memorial.
Visitors may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc.
Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
There is a storage facility for bags at Pearl Harbor National Park available for a nominal fee.
Do not leave any valuables on the bus.
Arizona Memorial closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. If it is still closed by your activity date, there will not be a visit to the Arizona Memorial or viewing of the documentary.
Shuttle Operations to the Arizona Memorial are subject to the Memorial's run time, maintenance, repair schedules and to weather.
- Special Notes:
- High heels, dresses and skirts are not recommended. Shirt and Shoes are required on Memorial - swimsuits are not permitted.
- Operation Days:
- Sunday - Friday
- 7 Hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- A great air conditioned Tour Bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours.